Excellent prices and friendly customer service
Yacht for Charter: Elan 434 IMPRESSION 2006 model
Designed by the award winning Rob Humphreys, the Elan Impression 434 is a joy to sail and easy to handle whether in the confines of the marina or on the open seas. The Elan 434 is designed for a safe, first class sailing performance and swift passage making. This together with her spacious cockpit, well planned deck layout and roomy, comfortable interior make her the ideal yacht for cruising the West Coast of Scotland
4 cabins, 8 berths (sleeping 8 persons)
- One roomy and light double cabin up forward with hanging locker, storage space portholes and hatch access to the deck.
- Port side up forward, a bunk bed cabin with hanging locker, storage space, small seat and ventilation hatch to the deck.
- Aft, two sizeable double cabins each with hanging lockers, portholes to seaward and ventilation hatches to the cockpit. The starboard cabin has its own direct access to one of toilet cubicles.
- There is room for an additional two crew to sleep comfortably in the saloon
- Fresh bedding provided to suit each crew.
Already on board are:
- Life jackets and safety harnesses and first aid kit
- Outboard engine and dinghy
- All charts (paper and electronic) and cruising guides for West Coast cruising
- Pillows, duvets and all bedding
- Cutlery, and crockery (including glasses) for a full crew
- Cooking pots, pans and utensils
- Galley starter pack: salt, pepper, small tins of tea bags, instant coffee and sugar, bin bags and sufficient boat cleaning materials for your cruise
- A small selection of books and board games
Two - one forward and one aft; each has wash hand basin with hot and cold pressurised water and the aft cubicle includes a shower. Toilet paper and cleaning materials provided.
Cloud Nine has a full width, bright saloon with windows, deck hatch and port holes. The saloon is fitted with a large, drop leaf table with central storage for drinks and glasses; the table can easily sit a convivial 10 people and is a great place for dining and story sharing! The saloon also has a TV screen and plenty of storage lockers.
To port and slightly elevated above the main saloon is a large, well equipped ‘L’ shaped galley including a stainless steel, gimbled, 3 burner cooker and oven (no grill), 200 litre front loading fridge, separate top loading freezer and two stainless steel sinks with hot and cold pressurised water. Plenty of work space and storage lockers. Galley area includes cooking utensils, pots, pans, crockery and cutlery for 10 persons plus cleaning materials.
Amidships to starboard is a large chart table and chart storage area with navigation seat. Cloud Nine is equipped with navigation equipment, charts and publications for the West of Scotland.
On the bulkhead to this area are the main switch board, DSC VHF radio and entertainment centre (including TV controls, radio, CD player and IPod docking station). For your added comfort, Cloud Nine is fitted with a central heating system, the controls for which are also situated at the chart table. The boat is fitted with shore power.
The spacious cockpit is fitted with twin steering (type) wheels with easy access to all the following instruments
- Log echo sounder (type)
- Wind speed and direction
- Chart plotter
- Engine controls
- Bow thruster controls
- 2 x 2 speed Lewmar 40 self tailing winches to control the Genoa.
For those magical moments when you can dine and party al fresco in Scotland, there is a cockpit table inclusive of cool box and drinks holders and a pair of waterproof deck speakers connected to the boat’s entertainment centre located at the chart table below. The stainless steel push pits are fitted with teak seats; this is also the location of the horseshoe life buoys, man overboard pole and outboard engine. On the teak covered transom area are a bathing ladder and cockpit shower for the more robust (or mad!) members of the crew!
- Cockpit and cockpit seats covered in teak
- 2 Steering wheels Lewmar (Leather upholstery)
- Cockpit table (Folding)
- 2 chairs in aft corners
- 4x Harken 2 speed power ratio 40/46
- Aluminium Selden mast and boom
- 2 spreaders
- Spinnaker equipment
- Selden Furlex 300S
- Deck hardware Rutgerson
Canvas and Sails
The boat is fitted with sprayhood and, unusually for Scotland, a Bimini; this is handy for keeping dry during passage on a dreich day, for sitting in the cockpit when the odd spot of rain might force other crews to seek shelter below and can also be useful for hanging wet oilskins under, to dry.
The self furling Genoa and the in-mast reefing, main (both 2014), can be reefed using the deck mounted, electric winch situated at the forward end of the cockpit, beneath the sprayhood. All mast lines are led back to the spacious cockpit.
Cloud Nine also has a spinnaker pole to pole out the Genoa on downwind legs. For experienced crews, a Spinnaker can be hired out at extra cost (£100/week), subject to not having been damaged by the previous week’s charter!
Anchoring and berthing
- Cloud Nine is equipped with a 35kg Bruce anchor and chain plus electric windlass; a second anchor, chain and warp is also provided. She is fitted with a powerful bow thruster to assist with coming along side.
Cloud Nine is coded by the Marine and Coastguard Agency to sail in category 2 waters and is well equipped with safety gear for 10 persons (only 8 persons may stay overnight) including:
- 1 x 10 persons SOLAS B liferaft,
- Grab bag with safety equipment
- 10 x automatic Life jackets with crotch straps and lights
- 10x double clip safety lines
- 1 x signal flag set
- Ball and cone set located in port cockpit locker
- 1 x waterproofed torch located in vicinity of chart table
- 2 x horseshoe lifebuoys with drogues and lights
- 1 x dan buoy located on pushpit
- 1 x sea anchor and warp
- Jackstays, port and starboard
- Emergency VHF aerial located at chart table in main saloon
- 4 x 2kg dry powder fire extinguishers
- 1 x CO2 auto fire extinguisher fitted in engine compartment
- 1 x fire blanket, located on bulkhead adjacent to galley sink
- Galley gas alarm,
- Bilge alarm, located below cabin sole
- DSC VHF radio plus one hand held VHF
- Inflatable dinghy
- Solas off shore flare pack
- Horse shoe life buoys and lights
- Man overboard flag and pole
- First aid kit
- Soft wood bungs at every seacock
- Builder: Elan Marine (Slovenia)
- Flag: UK
- Hull colour: grey
Cloud 9 has just been fitted with a brand new Perkins 404 D22 55hp engine for the 2016 season. This is a high performance, low operating cost engine, meeting the latest EU Stage 111A/U.S. EPA Tier 4 interim emissions standards. Over sea trials she obtained the following speeds:
|RPM||BOAT SPEED GPS (kts)|
This performance will enable Cloud Nine to push through the many exciting tidal gates found on the West Coast of Scotland, but cruising at 2,000 revs (6.7 knots), she will be very efficient on fuel consumption.
Access to the engine, battery banks and battery charger is gained by lifting the companionway.
- Length Overall 13.41 m
- Hull Length 13.00 m
- Beam 4.18 m
- Draft 1.60 / 1.90 m
- Air draft 18.37 m
- Displacement 10900 kg
- Ballast 3450 / 3310 kg
- Water capacity 850 litres (600+250)
- Fuel capacity 270 litres
- Holding tank 30 litres
Cloud Nine has a CE Certificate: Category A Ocean
- GPS Chartplotter Raymarine C80
- Autopilot Raymarine ST6001 Smartpilot
- Graphic Raymarine ST60
- VHF Raymarine Ray 54E
- Tridata Raymarine ST60+
- Wind Raymarine ST60+
- Compass Plastimo Olympic 135 (On cockpit table)
- Bow thruster
- Webasto heating
- Electric windlass Lofrans
- Battery charger
- Shore power connection 220V
- Water pump
- LCD TV
- CD Player Pioneer (USB, iPod, Bluetooth)
- Waterproof outside cockpit loudspeakers Kenwood