Take this once-in-a-lifetime journey with Go West Sailing!
In January 2020 we were delighted to welcome to the fleet Global Surveyor aptly described as the ultimate machine. Global Surveyor was designed and built by Gunter Marine and the original owner Graham Lascelles for round the world sailing. The original build was in 1998 and she has been extensively refitted in 2020. She was intentionally over specced with 7 water tight compartments and crash bulkheads, extra thick hull, over-sized cutter rig, 150 kg main anchor, and diesel tank which hold 2000 liters and many other extras that are not an everyday occurrence on a sailing yacht.
Internally, she has been designed with comfort and safety in mind. There is a very large saloon complete with mahogany trim and a dining table that could seat 16 comfortably, each cabin has been fitted with overhead reading lights and USB port to allow for device charging. The yacht has been designed to carry 16 passengers however will will keep this to a maximum of 8 plus 2 crew between 5 spacious cabins this will also ensure a really hands on experience!
All on-board expenses are included in the price
As with all our trips, all on-board expenses are included in the price - no hidden costs or surprises.
- Our trip will have its own bubble, into which Covid-19 free crew and instructors can enter.
- We ask that all crew and instructors will have to produce a negative Covid-19 test result within 5 days of the trip start date. Booking a test is straight forward, and the results are normally within 24 hours, please leave enough time incase the first test is inconclusive as you will need to be retested, if you need any advice on this please get in touch. If a test is positive we will transfer your booking and money to another date/product available until the end of 2021.
- Anti-viral cleaning machines will be used on each boat in between trip
- Once the trip has started, entering shops or venues ashore will be only for essentials.
- All crew will be required to adhere to sensible precautions, social distancing where possible
- Our adventures always comply with the regulations of Flag State and Port State for commercial vessels, this vary from country to country.
Our 2020 sailing dates:
11th October 2020 - Bay of Biscay - YM qualifying passage - UK - Gibraltar- approximately 14 days - £95 per day Sold Out
1st November 2020 - Gibraltar - Madeira - Lanzarote YM qualifying passage 650nm + 300nm 12 days £1180 [£880 for Gibraltar - Madeira only]
27th December - New year under the sun! - Lanzarote, Fuerteventura, Isle de Lobos, Morocco, Lanzarote - 300nm - 7 days - £795
Our 2021 sailing dates !!!!!
7th - 17th January 2021 - Lanzarote, Sal, Sao Vicente - 1000nm, Yachtmaster Ocean qualifying passage - 10 days - £995
23rd May - 30th May 2021 - Oban - Stromness, Orkney - 7 days - £629
1st June 2021 - Orkney, Shetland, Tromso including Norwegian Fjords Norway - 12 days - £1149
16th June 2021 - Tromso, Norway to Longyearbyen, Svalbard - 10 days £990
29th June 2021 - Longyearbyen, Svalbard to Jan Mayen to Reykjavik, Iceland - 14 days
15th July 2021 - Olafsvik, Iceland to Kulusuk, Greenland - 10 days - £3445
26th July 2021 - Kulusuk, Greenland to Reykjavic, Iceland - 10 days - £3445
7th August 2021 - Olafsvik, Iceland to Kulusuk, Greenland - 14 days - £3445 - Sold Out
24th August 2021 - Kulusuk, Greenland to Kulusuk, Greenland - 8 days £3445 - Sold Out
2nd September 2021 - Kulusuk, Greenland to Reykjavik, Iceland - 10 days - £3445
17th September 2021 - Reykjavik, Iceland to Azores - 14 days - £1195 - Yachtmaster Ocean passage & Astro Navigation course 1600nm
5th October 2021 - Azores to Cape Verde - 14 days - £1195 - Yachtmaster Ocean passage & Astro Navigation course 1600nm
22nd October 2021 - Cape Verde - Brazil - 14 days - £2250 - Yachtmaster Ocean passage & Astro Navigation course 1600nm
12th November 2021 - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil -Uruguay - Argentina Ushuaia, (Patagonia) Argentina - 4 weeks - £3845
Book your spot below or phone us if you have any questions: 07834527038
Interested in keeping up with our news?