Take this once-in-a-lifetime journey with Go West Sailing!
In January 2020 we were delighted to welcome to the fleet Global Surveyor aptly described as the ultimate machine. Global Surveyor was designed and built by Gunter Marine and the original owner Graham Lascelles for round the world sailing. The original build was in 1998 and she has been extensively refitted in 2020. She was intentionally over specced with 7 water tight compartments and crash bulkheads, extra thick hull, over-sized cutter rig, 150 kg main anchor, and diesel tank which hold 2000 liters and many other extras that are not an everyday occurrence on a sailing yacht.
Internally, she has been designed with comfort and safety in mind. There is a very large saloon complete with mahogany trim and a dining table that could seat 16 comfortably, each cabin has been fitted with overhead reading lights and USB port to allow for device charging. The yacht has been designed to carry 16 passengers, however we keep this to a maximum of 8 plus 2 crew between 5 spacious cabins. This also ensures a really hands on experience!
All on-board expenses are included in the price
As with all our trips, all on-board expenses are included in the price - no hidden costs or surprises.
- Our trip will have its own bubble, into which Covid-19 free crew and instructors can enter.
- We ask that all crew and instructors will have to produce a negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours of the trip start date. Booking a test is straight forward, and the results are normally within 24 hours, please leave enough time incase the first test is inconclusive as you will need to be retested, if you need any advice on this please get in touch. If a test is positive we will transfer your booking and money to another date/product available until the end of 2021.
- Anti-viral cleaning will carried out on each boat in between trip
- Once the trip has started, entering shops or venues ashore will be only for essentials.
- All crew will be required to adhere to sensible precautions, social distancing where possible
- Our adventures always comply with the regulations of Flag State and Port State for commercial vessels, this vary from country to country.
Our 2021 sailing dates
24th August 2021 - Greenland Adventure, Kulusuk to Kulusuk - 8 days £3945 - Sold Out
3rd September 2021 - Greenland Adventure, Kulusuk to Reykjavik, Iceland - 10 days - £3945 - Sold Out
17th September 2021 - Iceland to Azores - 14 days - £1195 - Yachtmaster Ocean passage 1600nm - [only 1 space left]
5th October 2021 - Azores to La Palma - 7 days - £695 - Yachtmaster Ocean passage 660 nm
13th October 2021 - La Palma to Mindelo Cape Verde - 7 days - £695 - Yachtmaster Ocean passage 820 nm (crew may embark on 12th October)
22nd October 2021 - Mindelo Cape Verde - Brazil [Fernando de Noronha, Recife] 14 days - £2250 - Yachtmaster Ocean passage & Astro Navigation course 1600nm!!! Limited Spaces [only 2 spaces left]
13th November 2021 - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil - Argentina Ushuaia, (Patagonia) Argentina - 3 weeks - £2845
11th December 2021 - Antarctica - Cape Horn [Ushuaia - Cape Horn - Antarctica - Ushuaia] - 21 days - £6490
Our 2022 sailing dates
4th January 2022 - Antarctica - Cape Horn [Ushuaia - Cape Horn - Antarctica - Ushuaia] - 21 days - £6490
28th January 2022 - Antarctica - Cape Horn [Ushuaia - Cape Horn - Antarctica - Ushuaia] - 21 days - £6490
27th May 2022 - 5th June 2022 - Scotland, Oban to Reykjavik, Iceland - 9 days £995
8th June 2022 - 15th June 2022 - Best of Iceland , Olafsvik - NW Iceland - 7 days £1495 [only 2 spaces left]
18th June 2022 - 1st July 2022 - Jan Mayen Adventure, Iceland - NW Iceland - Jan Mayen - Edge of Ice in Denmark Str. - Olafsvik - 14 days £2490
15th July 2022 - Greenlandic Adventure, Iceland to Kulusuk, Greenland - 10 days - £3945 - Sold Out
26th July 2022 - Greenlandic Adventure to Reykjavic, Iceland - 10 days - £3945 - 4 spaces
7th August 2022 - Greenlandic Adventure, Iceland to Kulusuk, Greenland - 14 days - £3945 - Sold Out
24th August 2022 - Greenlandic Adventure, Greenland to Kulusuk, Greenland - 8 days £3945 - Sold Out
3rd September 2022 - Greenlandic Adventure to Reykjavik, Iceland - 10 days - £3945 - 8 spaces
Book your spot below or phone us if you have any questions: 07834527038
Interested in keeping up with our news?
Global Surveyor exploring the mighty fjords of Eastern Greenland
Global Surveyor heading South out of Largs Marina after a busy summer season in the Arctics