Terms and Conditions
This is the ‘small print’ written in plain language. Please ask if you have any questions.
Any booking made with Go West Sailing will be bound by the terms as set out in this agreement.
- We require a 30% deposit when the booking is made and the balance is due 28 days prior to the commencement date of the course.
- We reserve the right to resell the place if the balance is not paid within 28 days prior to the commencement date of the course.
- If the booking is made within 28 days of the commencement of the course then the full balance is due at the point of booking.
Cancellation/delay or non arrival by customer
- The customer has 14 days to cancel a course and your deposit will be repaid in full (less any bank account/transaction charges) repayment will be made back to the account that payment was made from.
- If the customer cannot attend the course, the customer should contact Go West Sailing immediately in writing to advise.
- If the cancellation is prior to 28 days of the commencement date Go West Sailing will make all reasonable efforts to resell the place at the same cost as originally advertised. If the place is resold and once the new customer has paid in full Go West Sailing will refund the deposit paid and reserve the right to deduct a £75 administration fee.
- If the cancellation is within 28 days prior to the commencement of the course, Go West Sailing will make all reasonable efforts to resell the place at the same price that it was originally advertised. If successful there will be no further charge to the customer for the balance and the deposit will not be refunded.
- If the customer is not at the designated meeting place for the start of the course Go West Sailing will phone and email the customer to establish the reasons. Go West Sailing will make reasonable attempts to allow for the customer to arrive. There can be no delay to the start of the course to accommodate late arrival of any student.
Cancellation by Go West Sailing – Force Majeure
- Due to the nature of our business Go West Sailing reserves the right to cancel a course.
- If Go West Sailing requires to cancel a course we will notify the customer in writing immediately of the cancellation.
- Go West Sailing will refund payment of the course within 14 days of the cancellation notification and will not be responsible for any other associated costs or loss to the customer.
- Repayment will be made in full to the account from which the money was paid, providing we have these details.
- We will offer alternative dates if the situation allows. If this is accepted by the customer then no refund will be given to the customer.
- The reasons for course cancelation is not exhaustive but may include, weather, fault or repair of the vessel or it not being viable to run the course.
- We strongly advise you to have appropriate insurance to cover any loss to our customers.
- Go West Sailing, its employees, servants, agents or any other representative there after take no responsibility for any loss, damage or injury suffered by any persons or their property whilst on a course, unless the loss was because of negligence caused by Go West Sailing.
- Any items of lost property will be stored for one month after the end of a course. If the item is not claimed then it will be disposed of appropriately; no claim for the recovery of the item can be made thereafter.
- Our RYA courses will run for 2 or 5 nights.
- Our RYA training courses will start either on a Friday at 6.30pm (for the weekend) or on Sunday at 6.30 pm.
- Our RYA training course will finish at 3pm on Sunday or Friday depending on the length of the course.
- Adventure sails will run for a duration of 5, 6, 7 or 9 days and will depend on the destination and the booking details.
- The information is a guide only details of the booking will be on the booking confirmation and joining instructions.
Late return of the vessel
- If for any reason the vessel will return to the home harbour late, customers will be advised as early as possible by the skipper to allow for alterations to any onward plans.
- Go West Sailing are not be responsible for any loss to the customer due to the late return of the vessel.
- For practical courses accommodation will be on board our yacht.
- Each boat in the fleet has its own internal specification and layout, it may require you to share a cabin and or heads with another unrelated person.
- The skipper will allocate cabins to the same sex if they are not related.
- If you have any specific requests please contact Go West Sailing prior to booking the course.
- Go West Sailing will provide the mattress but no linen, pillows or covers. Go West Sailing recommend the customer brings a suitable sleeping bag and pillow if desired.
- It will be at the skippers’ discretion where to visit and stay during the course. It is likely that there will be a mixture of overnight harbours, mooring buoys and possibly some time spent on the anchor.
- Theory courses do not include accommodation.
- Food will be provided by Go West Sailing for the duration of the practical course.
- Theory courses do not include food but will include tea and coffee.
- The customer will advise Go West Sailing in writing prior to the course about any food allergy or intolerance.
- The skipper will speak to the crew on arrival about any preferences or requests and will make reasonable attempts to accommodate these.
- Food will consist of breakfast (cereals, bread, jams etc), lunch (soup, sandwiches, fruit), and dinner (pasta, chicken, fajitas, spaghetti bolognese). This is a guide only.
- It is likely that 2 meals will be ashore, this is not provided by Go West Sailing. If the crew wish to eat ashore more this can be discussed with the skipper on commencement of the course; eating ashore is optional.
- Tea, coffee and drinking water will be provided.
- The cost of the course does not include wet weather clothes.
- Go West Sailing recommend that suitable clothing is worn, details of which can be found in our FAQ section. We highly recommend the use of sailing gloves to help prevent any injuries to hands and request that white soled shoes are worn on deck.
Duties on board
- All customers will be expected to participate in cooking, cleaning and tidying of the vessel.
- The customers will be expected to clean the vessel from stem to stern at the end of the course. The alternative is to pay £10 per customer for Go West Sailing to provide the service.
- We understand that accidents happen. However if items are broken due to misuse by the customer we reserve the right to charge the customer for the replacement cost of like for like item. Costs must be shared by all crew unless alternative arrangement is made.
Skipper/Chief Instructors/Principals decisions
- All decisions made by the above representatives will take account of the RYA, YMA guidelines.
- The Principal and Chief Instructor are responsible as per the RYA guidance.
- In line with marine practice from the moment the skipper steps on board the vessel their decision is final.
- The crew will at all times follow the instruction of the skipper. This is until the course is complete and the skipper is off the vessel.
- If for any reason the customer does not follow instruction from the skipper or the designated substitute then the customer will be in breach of the Articles of Sailing. The skipper will take any action he considers appropriate for the wellbeing of the individual, crew and/or the safety of the vessel. If the skipper decides to place the customer at the nearest port no liability what so ever will be placed on Go West Sailing or the skipper and the customer will have no redress for any expense or refund of the course fee.
Time at sea
- The skipper will cover the course content as laid out by the RYA.
- The skipper will use the time as effectively as possible to maximise the time spent at sea.
- If any customer feels that they are not receiving enough time from the skipper they must notify the skipper immediately. If the issue is not resolved the Principal/Chief Instructor must be informed.
- If the weather for part of the course does not allow the yacht to go out the skipper will make an appropriate plan for that day which is likely to include theory.
- Go West Sailing reserve the right to change the vessel if required. If appropriate the Go West Sailing will notify the customer. The change to the vessel alters no other terms as set out in this agreement.
- All clients should be over the age of 18 unless accompanied by a parent, guardian or chaperone. Where there is a person of under 18 the parent, guardian or chaperone agrees to the terms and conditions on their behalf.
- There is no upper age limit.
- As sailing is an active sport, it requires a certain level of health and fitness to participate. It is the customers’ responsibility to ensure that they are able to take part. If you are unsure please consult your doctor prior to booking. If a health issue arises during the course the Skipper will take appropriate action. It maybe that the course cannot continue for the individual and Go West Sailing cannot be held responsible for any associated costs of refunds of unspent course time.
- Go West Sailing will not pass on the customers details to any third party with the exception of to the RYA for the purpose of certification and or registration only.
- When booking the customer agrees to Go West Sailing using photographs and/or videos for social media. If you do not want Go West Sailing to do so, the customer should notify Go West Sailing in writing prior to the start of the course and also notify the skipper on the commencement of the course.
To enable access to your online course we need to share some of your personal data with the RYA via your user profile in www.ryainteractive.org. This learning management website is hosted and maintained by a third party called Learning Pool, who will not use your personal information for any reason other than enabling your course.
Your name and email address will be entered on www.ryainteractive.org in order to create your user account. On your first access to the site, you will be asked to enter your address and date of birth. You will have access to the site for one year in order to complete your online course. During this period, your personal information will be held on the website by Learning Pool and be available to this training centre and the RYA for the purpose of managing your course.
Instructional support will be provided by this training centre for a period of 12 months from the date of your course booking.
On completion of your course, your name, email, date of birth and address will be transferred to the RYA's central database for the purpose of recording details of the course and any certification you gain as a result of it. This information allows the RYA to record your certification, to update any records they may already hold about you or your qualifications and to verify your certificate if required. After one year from the date of your enrolment on the course, your user account will be removed from www.ryainteractive.org.
Full details of how the RYA will deal with your personal information will be displayed when you first access www.ryainteractive.org.
- If the customer has any concerns regarding and part of the service provided by Go West Sailing then the school needs to be made aware immediately. Further information can be found in our complaints procedure.