Your privacy is important to us, we provide this notice to explain how your information is gathered and processed.
When booking with us we will request the minimum of information to enable us to process your booking and communicate with you before, during and if required after your purchase.
We gather information from:
- Bookings made on our website
- Phone conversations
- Through messages received on our social media accounts
- Through email correspondence
- Through a customer satisfaction survey which is provided at the end of the course
- Crew registration and medical form
- Any other situations where data is legally and voluntarily sent to Go West Sailing
We processes personal information on servers throughout the United Kingdom and the EU in accordance with current and upcoming legislation, we may therefore process personal information on a server located outside of the country where you live.
We do not share personal information with individuals or companies except in the following circumstances:
Where you give consent to pass on your data.
We retain the right to share your information with organisations or individuals if we reasonably believe in good faith that disclosure of information is necessary to:
- Fulfil an applicable law, regulation or legal process
- Fulfil an enforceable request
- To protect vital interests of data subject (e.g. life or death situations, vulnerable situations) and performance of a task in the public interest
- Address fraudulent activity including in the prevention or detection of it
We reserve the right to share non-personal information publicly for interest stories, blogs, social media posts and statistics.
In the event of a data breach which is likely to result in a risk to the rights and freedoms of individuals, Go West Sailing will notify an individual within 72 hours of such an event being discovered.
Go West Sailing will not pass on the customers details to any third party with the exception of to the RYA for the purpose of certification and or registration only.
- To enable access to your online course we need to share some of your personal data with the RYA via your user profile in ryainteractive.org. This learning management website is hosted and maintained by a third party called Learning Pool, who will not use your personal information for any reason other than enabling your course.
- Your name and email address will be entered on ryainteractive.orgin order to create your user account. On your first access to the site, you will be asked to enter your address and date of birth. You will have access to the site for one year in order to complete your online course. During this period, your personal information will be held on the website by Learning Pool and be available to this training centre and the RYA for the purpose of managing your course.
- Instructional support will be provided by this training centre for a period of 12 months from the date of your course booking.
On completion of your course, your name, email, date of birth and address will be transferred to the RYA's central database for the purpose of recording details of the course and any certification you gain as a result of it. This information allows the RYA to record your certification, to update any records they may already hold about you or your qualifications and to verify your certificate if required. After one year from the date of your enrolment on the course, your user account will be removed from www.ryainteractive.org.
Full details of how the RYA will deal with your personal information will be displayed when you first access www.ryainteractive.org.
When booking the customer agrees to Go West Sailing using photographs and/or videos for social media. If you do not want Go West Sailing to do so, the customer should notify Go West Sailing in writing prior to the start of the course and also notify the skipper on the commencement of the course.
If you wish to update your personal information held by us, you are able to do so by contacting us. In the event of a data breach which is likely to result in a risk to the rights and freedoms of individuals, we will notify an individual within 72 hours of the incident.
Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), you have a number of rights regarding the data we hold for you. We want to ensure our customers are aware of their rights and how we ensure they are met:
Right to rectification – Your right without undue delay to rectification of inaccurate personal data. Our customers can contact us and we will update their details quickly.
Right to erasure – Your right to the deletion of your personal data. We will consider a request for data erasure on a case by case basis depending on whether we must retain the data for legal reasons.
Right to restrict data processing – Your right to obtain from us restriction of data processing. We will consider the GDPR circumstances that may be relevant around any request.
Right to data portability – Your right to receive personal data in a structured, commonly used format. If requested we will provide your data in a easy to read format.
Right to object – Your right to object at any time to processing of personal data. We will only proceed with processing if we have compelling legitimate grounds for processing after an objection to processing.
Right to not be subject to automated-decision making – We will not subject any individual to automated-decision making.
Subject access requests and complaints
All individuals are entitled under the Data Protection Act to request a copy of the information an organisation holds on them. An individual who makes a written request and pays any fee applicable is entitled to:
- Information on what we hold for you
- Clarification on whether any personal data is being processed
- Reasons why any personal data is being processed
- A copy of the data held
We will deal with any subject access requests within 30 days in accordance with GDPR.
To make a subject access request please send your full name to the following email: email@example.com.
Retention of information
All information will be stored securely and is disposed in a secure manner when no longer required. Your information will be held for a specific time in order to comply with law and regulations or for any contractual obligation we may have which can be for a period up to seven years from the date the data was last used to process a transaction.
We will hold data for as long as reasonably required in order to;
- Comply with applicable law or respond to a valid process;
- Protect the rights of our customers.
We reserve the right to vary the terms and conditions of the website from time to time and without prior notice. Our customers should check regularly as continuing use of the website constitutes acceptance of any variation.
This website, including all material, attachments and guidance notes, is the copyright of Go West Sailing.
- All material presented on the website is provided without any warranty or representation either direct or indirect of its accuracy, fitness for purpose, quality, security, non-infringement of copyright or compatibility.
- We are not liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss, damage, expense, loss of profits or data arising from the use of in connection with the use of the website.
- All information transmitted to or from the website of Go West Sailing cannot be guaranteed as totally secure. All transmissions are at the risk of the customer.
- The use of the website is not a substitute for independent professional advice. Our customers are urged to obtain advice relevant to their circumstances.
- We have no liability or responsibility for any third party material displayed on this website.